A lot of Nigerians are looking for loans and grants to start their business and this has been difficult due to the little access to loan offers or grants.
Most of these people looking for loan offers are business-minded entrepreneurs who want to become employers of labor and business owners. Due to this, the federal government of Nigeria started introducing government loans that can help people start their own businesses successfully.
The federal government loan may be viable to individuals who are looking forward to starting their own business, growing it, or developing it. The whole idea of offering loans has made the federal government concentrate on small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). For some reason, the SME sector is one of the key factors that creates a thriving economy that can compete worldwide.
SMEs make up almost the majority of businesses in the country, this has given room to building a sustainable economy and a thriving atmosphere where people are employed and given equal opportunity in the labor market.
The federal government helped in the funding process through the following:
- Small and Medium Enterprises Development Agency of Nigeria (SMEDAN)
- Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN)
- Bank of Industry (BOI)
- Bank of Agriculture (BOA)
- Nigerian Export-Import Bank (NEXIM)
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
Also Read: Auto loans in Nigeria
This list that we’ve compiled here are the ones currently paying right now as of the time of writing this article. I’ll try as much as possible to update this post regularly to make it up to date and relevant at every point in time.
List Of Government Loans To Start Business
- CBN Graduate Loan
- CBN AGSMEIS Loan
- NYSC Loan
CBN Graduate Loan
Being a graduate can be difficult sometimes, most especially when you’re starting a business of your own. Most of these graduates have business ideas that can change the economy but they lack the funds and support to kick start their business.
As a result of lack of funds, most of them lose hope and these dreams fade away and are forgotten. To avoid things like that, the central bank of Nigeria introduced the TIES Loan.
Also Read: Lcredit loan review
What Is TIES Loan?
The TIES stands for tertiary institution entrepreneurship scheme. It is a scheme introduced by the federal government of Nigeria to tackle underemployment and unemployment among graduates of tertiary institutions in Nigeria by providing them with government loans that they can use to start up a business in Nigeria.
What Are The Requirement For CBN Graduate Loan
Below is the basic requirement to be eligible for the CBN Graduate Loan. For you to be eligible for the loan you must possess the following documents.
- NYSC Certificate ( discharge or exemption certificate).
- First Degree Certificate (Original).
- Valid mobile phone number and email address (linked to your NIN, BVN, TIN).
- Evidence of business registration with the CAC (Corporate Affairs Commission).
- Must be a graduate of university or polytechnic in Nigeria
- Not more than 7 years post-NYSC.
- Corporate bank account number of business.
How Much Can One Get From CBN Graduate Loan
The CBN Graduate loan offers a loan of 5 million Naira for an individual/sole proprietorship/small company projects beneficiary and 25 million Naira for partnerships/company projects.
How To Apply For CBN Graduate Loan
In other to apply for the CBN Graduate loan, visit https://cbnties.com.ng/register or click the button below.
CBN AGSMEIS Loan
AGSMEIS LOAN is an initiative of the Central Bank Of Nigeria which was introduced as an empowerment program to assist farmers by giving them a long-term loan to support their farming business.
The AGSMEIS LOAN is an acronym of Agric and small-medium enterprise scheme which is meant to offer loans to agricultural driven businesses in other to increase the supply of food products and improve the agricultural sector.
How TO Apply For CBN AGSMEIS LOAN
Better still, you can click the button below to start the registration process
As an NYSC corp member, you’re not excluded from the CBN loan. This initiative was introduced by the central bank of Nigeria, in partnership with heritage bank and Youth Innovative and Entrepreneurship Development Programme.
The federal government is ensuring that it is providing financial backup loan for corps members or ex-corp members who are going to business in other to reduce the high level of unemployment in the country
As a beneficiary of the NYSC Government Loan, you can get a loan of 3 million Naira as an individual and 10 million Naira for a business owned by 3-5 people.
Eligibility Criteria For NYSC Loan
- In other to be eligible to get a loan from the NYSC loan, you must meet the requirement below:
- You must be 18 years to 35 years
- Applicant must be serving in the NYSC
- As for Ex-corp members, you must not be more than five years of post NYSC can also apply for the loan.
- You must present an irresistible business idea
Also Read: Get a loan without BVN
How To Apply For NYSC LOAN
In other to apply for the NYSC loan you must be a corp member currently serving or an ex-corp member with less than 5 years of post-NYSC before you can apply for this loan offer.
- As a qualified or eligible member, you can apply for the loan through the NYSC official portal
- You are eligible for a loan of up to 3 million Naira as an individual
- For a team of 3-5, you’re eligible to get a loan of up to 10 million Naira.
- You must have a business idea that can solve a problem and at the same time be able to generate money.
- The application process can be tracked through the official website of the NYSC.
If you have a question or loan suggestion you think we should add to this list, let us know in the comment section.
If you find this article helpful full don’t forget to share. This will encourage us to provide helpful articles like this. Thanks for reading!